Thursday, April 1, 2010

Who's the Fool?

Greetings! Jennifer Johnson here.

Here it is the first day of April which means (anticipatory drum roll here) it's April Fool's Day. Here's my little pancake bunny my friend Stew sent me one time after an apparently confusing email I sent him. I just love this bunny, and sometimes when you just don't get it-joke or otherwise-you just go with the bunny. You know what I mean?

So here's a few April Fool quotes I found amusing. Hope you like them, too.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. ~Douglas Adams


It is the ability to take a joke, not make one, that proves you have a sense of humor. ~Max Eastman

I have great faith in fools - self-confidence, my friends call it. ~Edgar Allan Poe

April 1. This is the day upon which we are reminded of what we are on the other three hundred and sixty-four. ~Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson, 1894


April fool, n. The March fool with another month added to his folly. ~Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ~Mark Twain


If every fool wore a crown, we should all be kings. ~Welsh Proverb


I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it. ~Jack Handey
Men reach their sexual peak at eighteen. Women reach theirs at thirty-five. Do you get the feeling that God is playing a practical joke? ~Rita Rudner


Suppose the world were only one of God's jokes, would you work any the less to make it a good joke instead of a bad one? ~George Bernard Shaw

Well, not bad, huh? I love to laugh and to be around people with a great sense of humor. My book coming out this month with Resplendence has a strong comedic tone. There's mystery and suspense as well. I guess it has just about everything except a pig. The pig didn't make the edits. The book is called Holding Out for a Hero. It's on the coming soon page at Resplendence.

So exciting!

Come visit me on my website:

http://booksbyjenniferjohnson.com

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin