At any rate, I'm doing it, too. And I'm continually amazed at what I don't know about Facebook, and how much I have to learn. I think the Facebook gods keep slipping some new things in on me while I sleep.
Facebook is a wonderful marketing tool for writers. Wonderful. To me, it's one of, if not the most connected Web 2.0 out there. Of course, I could be wrong, but for me, it's the bomb.
Just remember, I don't know everything and am still learning it's advantages, but here are a few things I know work for me:
- I can feed my blogger blog into my Facebook profile
- I can set up my own blogger blog Facebook page with followers
- I can Tweet and update my Facebook status
- I can write an article for my Examiner column and send it to my Facebook profile
- I can set up fan pages for both of my pen names and attach to my main page
- I can add a sign-up box for my newsletter (and add other html stuff)
- I can set up discussions for my books
- I can chat with friends and fans.
- I can share pictures of my kittens, my grandkids, my travels, the grape tomatoes growing in my backyard....
- I can take silly quizzes and play games and send people drinks and sign up for a cause and send friends good karma and save a sea animal or an endangered plant....
I started out thinking of using as a marketing tool but now find I'm also drawn to just the silly fun of it. And in the end, that's probably all the better, right? If you feel like being silly with me on Facebook once in a while, just come on by. You might just learn what kind of Southern Food I am, or what score I got on the Grease Songs quiz. Think you can beat me?
Create Your Badge
Come by and see me! My Facebook page is at http://www.facebook.com/maddiejames1 or you can click the badge above. Let's suck time together. What say you?