Sunday, June 14, 2009

It's June, it's Summer, it's a Book or Two!

I thought about mowing my lawn, but it really and truly looks like rain in the west.

I really, really need to be finishing up my current novella, which is due to my editor, like, tomorrow. (let's not mention that this is an extended deadline, okay?)

The laundry and dishes are still waiting. I'm so glad we have modern machines to take care of all that mess, aren't you? I mean, what kind of mess would I have if I didn't? Hm, let's not mention that my dryer broke a while back and I haven't gotten a repairman in here yet... (yes, it IS possible to exist without a dryer, if you put your mind to it.)

I won't even mention that my hairdryer died yesterday.

But there is a silver lining to all of this. I am typically a "glass half full" kind of girl, um, woman. I've had the weekend all to myself. Sigh. I don't have to travel out on a plane tomorrow morning. Yehaw! And I did get a royalty check today. (grin)

It's the 14th of June, my day to blog. So here we are! Best of all, I'm looking forward to two releases during the last week of this month. Here is a sneak preview.

The Quest
Book three of The Legend of Blackbeard's Chalice series

Jackson Porter is a man driven by a need to fulfill his mother, Claire Winslow Porter’s, dying request. He seeks answers about the origins of his life as well as the imaginary lover who has haunted his nights for years. At his mother’s deathbed he is challenged to meet his fate. His future, she says, lies in a place called Ohio, even though it is miles and centuries away from his barrier island home in 1745. The land is his legacy and should he desire to seek it, belongs to him. She urges him to see the circle complete, to claim his destiny.

In the year 2032, Kari Upton is driven to fight federal sanctions and stay-the-course on her political aspirations to save her land and her crops. She admits, even if only to herself, that her upcoming marriage is one of convenience. Marrying Tye Gentry will save her Ohio farmland. She sees no other way to gain power than to marry him and ride on his father, Richard Gentry’s, coattails all the way to the state legislature.

But Jackson upsets the plan when he time-travels forward and bursts into Kari’s world in the middle of her wedding. Both frightened and mesmerized by Jackson, she emotionally turns tale and runs – but not before she hides him away in a secret chamber of her home, before Tye and Richard can kill him.

The Quest, the third book in The Legend of Blackbeard's Chalice time travel series, follows The Curse and The Cult. Look for books four and five, Wanderlust and The Chosen: Full Circle, coming in 2010 and 2011.

Dates Du Jour
Book three of The Matchmaking Chef series

Speed dating? Speed eating is more like it. When Suzie sets up lunch date after lunch date for Lyssa Larkin, Legend’s homegrown homecoming queen of 1992, she knows she’s about bit off more than she can chew. Lyssa inspects and rejects her dates in two bites and then sends them on their way. Suzie wonders if she really wants to date or just eat two lunches, and worries that soon Lyssa’s hips won’t fit on her dainty chairs.

That is, until Suzie takes a risk with a man the exact opposite of what Lyssa describes as “perfect for her.” A man that Lyssa knows, but doesn't know, and is falling for her hard and fast. Suzie just can't help but work some of her matchmaking magic behind the scenes....

Dates Du Jour follows Hot Crossed Buns and Perfectly Matched in The Matchmaking Chef series. Go get hooked on Suzie's matchmaking talents! And there is more to come, with Side Dish releasing in August and Mate to Order in September.

So, my instincts were right. It is raining now as we speak. No mowing this evening for moi! So yeah, back to work on the current wip. I will meet my deadline!

Maddie
www.maddiejames.com
www.maddiejameslifeunedited.com

2 comments:

Aleka Nakis said...

Maddie,
I'm so hearing you, but what is better than lazing on hot summer day with a great book?
Congrats on the upcoming releases--love the way you cook, girl:-)
Aleka

Maddie James said...

teehee... maddie james cooks in the bedroom AND the kitchen. LOL. Thanks for stopping by, Aleka. I know you've been so busy yourself!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin