Sunday, December 14, 2008

Still Looking for a Christmas Gift? -- Buy Books!

A couple of days ago I reposted the letter from the president of the Author's Guild, Roy Blount, Jr. on my Life, Unedited blog, about buying books for Christmas. I'm giving a lot of books this year, too, which makes sense because, a) I'm an author, and b) I work for a non-profit literacy organization. Books, and all they entail, are a passion of my life.

The message from Mr. Blount is clear: bookstores, publishers, authors and readers are struggling. It doesn't appear that very many people are escaping the spiraling economy, these days. The answer? Keep buying books of all sorts and kinds. What better a gift, than a book?

I've put together some favorite lists, all available on Amazon, and thought I'd post them here for those of you who are interested in buying books for Christmas.

Oh, and a trick I learned from my sister about buying on Amazon. She has children and grandchildren scattered all across the world. She has them go to Amazon and create their wish lists, then she picks books from their list and has them shipped straight to their homes. Cool, huh?

Here are a few of my lists.

1. Some Favorites of Maddie's

2. Books by Maddie's Friends

3. Maddie's Favorite Cookbooks

4. Maddie's Favorite Books for Infants and Toddlers

5. Maddie's Favorite Books for Preschoolers

6. Maddie's Picks for School-age Classics

7. Books by Resplendence Publishing Authors

If you are looking ebooks, you may also be interested in the wonderful books written by Resplendence Publishing authors available at their website or on Fictionwise.

So, go buy a book and give it away this Christmas. Books are a gift that lasts forever!

maddie james
http://www.maddiejames.com/
http://www.maddiejameslifeunedited.com/

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin