Sunday, April 17, 2011

Tongue Tied

Well, you'd think that with a life that seems to go forward at mach 5, I'd have endless things to chat about. But alas, I'm finding it hard to pinpoint a subject to discuss. No one wants to hear authors go on and on about the same releases, and since I don't have a new one for a couple of months, well...I'm not going to keep beating the same book.

So... I suppose you're stuck with a non-writing post. More of an update in the life and times of, well, me!

I've come to the conclusion that getting older sucks. I thought I was in pretty good shape until I started ramping up my workouts for a race I'm doing this summer. It's a seven day, multi-stage mountain bike race across the continental divid of Canada... it's pretty hard core, and I thought I had a decent base already...yeah right. That was until I started adding the kilometres to my ride and decided to take a core/step class from hell. It was quite an eye-opener to discover, I have a lot of work ahead of me... tons, really. I can only hope I have enough time to kick my sorry butt into some serious shape.

Another reason getting old sucks... I swear I'm tired all the time. I remember being able to stay up for four days and bounce back on some caffeine and chocolate. Now, these only put me to sleep and add inches to my waistline. Whatever happened to being able to pull an all-nighter without needing a week to recover? Where did that endless energy of youth go? I suppose it disappeared with the birth of my kids, along with other things I used to have...a memory, spare time, a house that didn't look as if a hurricane just blew through. And how is it all the stuff your kids do takes ten times more of your time up than anything you do? I swear school isn't half as long as it used to be for us. By the time I cart them off and return, go for a ride and have a shower, they're practically coming back in the door! I need 30 hours each day and 10 days in a week just to keep up, let alone make any headway on all my to-do list. Sigh...

On a positive note, school is nearing an end and summer will soon be upon us. I love summer...no lunches to pack to rushing all over the place trying to make practices and games on time... I'm quite time challenged, so this is a daily feat... However next year will be even worse. Kyle got into a great academy, but it's the farthest school from where we live... looks like my driving time is getting longer.

Well, that's about it for me. I do have some nice news...I got two great reviews for Coyote Savage: Hunger Moon... one of them being a top pick from Night Owl Romance. As you can imagine, I'm thrilled...always nice to get a good review. Anyway, here's hoping there are more to come. I hope you look forward to the other books in the Moon Phases collection... there are so many good ones out already and more talented authors yet to release a book...so keep looking.

Hope you all have a great Easter next weekend and I'll see you again soon.

Kris Norris
Romancing life, one adventure at a time.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin