Friday, April 30, 2010

Off to the big city!


So here it is, time for the Romantic Times convention in Columbus, Ohio, and I'll be there -- but not for the whole thing.

I'll definitely be at the RP party on Sunday night. I write vampire romance ... the party is vampire-themed ... where else could I possibly be?

Well, one place would be at the citizens advisory meeting for a local university's public radio station. I'm chairman this year (talk about desperate!) but I had to advise that I was otherwise engaged. My tummy will be full when I head to Columbus on Sunday, since the church youth group is having a spaghetti dinner, which is always very yummy.

My trip on Saturday came up at the last minute and is very special. It's like this: About a year ago, my middle grandgirl announced she hated to read. She's 14 now, in eighth grade, and it's by her request that we're going to the literacy signing at RT.

Yes, she has fallen in love with books, these written by young adult author Heather Brewer. And yes, making her Nana proud, the books are paranormal. Ah, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree after all!

She's hitting up her daddy for money to buy the newest book, and is actually looking forward to rolling out of bed at 7 a.m. on a Saturday to start the trip. She is bringing all her "keeper" books by her favorite author to be signed, and is as excited as can be.

Her anticipation reminds me of why I became a writer: Because I love words. I love escaping into other worlds. Now I love creating other worlds, like my new mythology of vampires in my Shadow Ancient series. The first book, Out of the Shadows, was released in March; check it out and tell me what YOU think about my vampires and their world.

And tell me what got you started reading? A certain author, like my grandgirl? Other worlds, like I discovered? I'd love to know!

Cammie Eicher
Romance with a Bite

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin