Friday, December 4, 2009

Happy Holidays!


I try to write a blog on the fourth of every month. The fourth because that's the date of my birthday, so it helps me remember. Anyway, some months it's easier to find time to write the blog than others. Take December, for instance. Here it is 4 o'clock in the afternoon and I havent' even started my monthly blog yet.

Maybe I shouldn't feel too bad. At this time of year, aren't we all ridiculously busy? The holidays are breathing down my neck. (Has anyone seen all those cards I bought at last year's after-Christmas sale?) I'm a college instructor, so I'm swamped with grading final exams and term papers. (No dog ever in canine history has eaten homework. Peed on it maybe, but even that's a stretch.) The weather has taken a turn for the arctic, so the only thing I want to do is cuddle on the couch with a cup of hot tea and a good book. (How did the human race survive before the Snuggie was invented?) And perhaps worst of all, 2009 is coming to an end, and I find myself wondering what I've done with this past year. (I resolved to lose how many pounds?)

So, I might be busy and lazy and disorganized this month, but I still want to take a minute to stop and wish everyone reading these words happy holidays and a wonderful new year. I hope Santa is generous, Old Man Winter is merciful, and these dark winter months soon bloom into a warm spring.

Peace and happy holidays with friends and family.
Kimberly Garland

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin