Saturday, April 4, 2009

To Tweet, or Not to Tweet...

Hi All!

I've just discovered the most annoying, wonderful, habit forming, buzz in Social Media... TWITTER! 

I Tweet, therefore I am. LOL

My name is Leigh and I'm a Twitaholic. The first step is admitting you have a problem... 

(Yeah, I can do this all day...)  Anyhoo, I love this stuff. Where else can you get a tiny (140 character limit per tweet) glimpse into the lives of the glamorous and everyday people? They are your friends, family, Hollywood celebrities, fave authors, sports stars, and household pets. It's a total hoot!!!!!

At any given time you can see (read) what the people you are following are doing. Lance Armstrong has a popular following and he seems to be a very nice, family centric, humorous guy. How cool is that?

Ashton Kutcher is a little... odd. There. I said it.  Rainn Wilson of "The Office" fame is a hoot. And I am missing Christopher Walken terribly. His page is now missing and I'm dying to hear his sardonic wit again. It's funny, I read his tweets and hear his voice and intonations in my head. Hilarious!!!!

Anyhoo, the point. This new wave in Social Media is a must for the new/established author to reach as many fans/readers as possible. Social Media Marketing is the wave of the future, my peeps! You can even link your Twitter account to your Facebook page, MySpace page, Blog, Linked-In account, etc. There are so many options and you only have to Tweet once to cover all the bases!  Ease and convenience and it only takes ~5 seconds to get your tweet out there.

Okay, it's been a few minutes and I must see what my Tweet-Peeps are doing now.  Did I mention that this is addictive?????

Hugs,

Leigh Collett
CEO
Resplendence Publishing, LLC 


PS. Yes, there is a whole dictionary of Twitter terms out there. People are making up new twerms everyday! Just following those are a hoot!

PPS. Oh yeah!! The most important thing! Follow me on Twitter:  RP_Leigh


5 comments:

Maddie James said...

Tweeterific! I'm considering tweeting from my phone. Do you do that? Now how addicting would that be? LOL I may never get any work done. Great post. Now I'm off to connect my tweets to my linkedIn account...didn't know I could do that one. Nothing is sacred any more....

Regina Carlysle said...

I set up a twitter page about a month ago and I'm liking it. Talk about addictive!!!!

Fran Lee said...

Of course it's addictive...I end up spending the entire night online! Glad to see I'm not the only Twitter-bunny and chatter-bunny and...bunny-bunny...hmmm. I'd better quit while I'm ahead. :))

Terry Odell said...

Haven't succumbed yet, but Twitter is sure a hot blog topic lately. So hot that even I blogged about it!

Lyn Armstrong said...

Leigh,

You make tweeting sound so awesome i feel like I want to be a bird. Okay, I'm sure there a lots of jokes out there, but I won't go any further.
I'll sign up now.
Kisses
Lyn
xoxo

Blog Widget by LinkWithin